Teriyaki chicken breasts are a favorite dish in our house. This recipe calls for baking the chicken, but it could easily be grilled after marinading.
4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
2/3 cup water
1/2 cup soy sauce
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1/3 cup sugar
1/3 cup pineapple juice
2 tablespoons vinegar
1. Combine the water and soy sauce in a small saucepan over medium heat.
2. Add the garlic powder and bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
3. After simmering, add the sugar, pineapple juice and vinegar to the pan.
4. Continue to simmer, stirring often.
5. Pour half of the sauce over chicken and marinade in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour.
6. Keep the leftover sauce to further marinade as the chicken cooks.
7. Bake at 400 degrees for 40 minutes, spooning leftover marinade over the chicken every 15-20 minutes.
8. If you do not wish to bake, grill the chicken until it tests done, brushing with leftover marinade sauce.